1. What is your role at Holden Roofing?
I am a branch manager for Holden Roofing in the San Marcos area. As a team leader, I spend a great deal of time working to insure that my team is living up to the high expectations of excellence at Holden Roofing.
2. How did you first learn about Holden Roofing?
After graduating from Texas State University, I put out a whole bunch of applications. I ended up reaching out to them online and they responded to me.
3. How do you balance your career at Holden Roofing and family?
I dedicate quite a bit to Holden Roofing helping homeowners, a lot of times, six days a week, but Sunday is family day. On Sundays I spend quality time together with my wife and daughter.
4. What advice do you have for prospective Holden Roofing candidates?
This is a life changing, but at the same time, very enjoyable job. You’ve got to take it seriously. It’s not always easy and some days are tougher than others but the opportunity will change your life if you stick with it.
5. What do you find the most challenging at Holden Roofing?
Every day I get the chance to find a solution to a new challenge! That’s what I like about the job too, there’s always something for me to figure out, new challenges bring new opportunities. I love having a homeowner bring me a situation that they need help with on their roof and being able to find a solution to solve their problem. I’m great at fixing issues, I’m a natural problem solver.
6. What do you like most about Holden Roofing?
Outside of being able to earn a great living, being able to utilize my ability to solve problems in helping our homeowners. No day is ever boring. Not one day do I ever feel like “can’t wait till this is over.”
7. What drew you to Holden Roofing originally? And how has Holden Roofing changed since?
What drew me is that the company initially was their longevity. They have been around for over 50 years and in this day in age, you have to be doing something right to accomplish that! While I’ve been involved with the company, we have more technology put in place to make our jobs as representatives easier and allow us to be more effective in serving our clients.. We have more tools to help us do our jobs than ever before.
8. What has been your favorite project at Holden Roofing?
I recently landed a large commercial deal on a credit union that is doing a large remodeling project. It has been great to help see this project come together.
9. What have you gained from working at Holden Roofing?
Real life experience and lots of it!! I have also learned to operate and manage a business. As a branch manager, that’s what we are constantly doing, gaining customers, gaining clients and executing for those clients and I’m better at doing that now than I was before I took this position.
10. What is your proudest moment at Holden Roofing?
When I first joined the $1,000,000 sales club and Jarrod handed me a trophy showing that I was part of the club. One of the things that I wanted when I first got started here was to get a trophy and I got one.
11. What did you want to be when growing up?
A fireman. I don’t know why, I thought they had cool outfits.
12. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why?
I would want to meet Conor McGregor because I like his outlook on life.
13. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
Before I started at Holden Roofing, I was about to have my mixed martial arts debut. I trained at mixed martial arts for a long time prior to taking the position.
14. What is your motto or personal mantra?
“The way you do anything is the way you do everything”
15. What new skill would you instantly master if you could?
Parkour. I’d like to be able to jump in and do cool things. I’d like to be able to do that instantly, to be able to walk like Spiderman and jump off walls and buildings with no fear.